Thinking skills and Problem Solving
Children need opportunities to develop their critical thinking skills, personal capabilities and problem solving skills. This App, Sorting Machine is a great place to start getting your child started. The App focuses on:
- Children are presented with opportunities to order things such as letters alphabetically, numbers in numerical order and sizes, e.g: tallest to shortest and vice versa, biggest to smallest and vice versa.
- Children have to order amounts such as more to less, or items from lowest to highest.
- Children practice the important art of following instructions. Younger children benefit from the picture representations at the top to help understand the instructions.
Critical Thinking Skills / Problem solving
- Children need to use their problem solving skills to figure out how to re-arrange the objects. They need to make logical moves as only one item can be moved at a time.
- Children practice an important skill of studying a set of objects and deciding which is tallest / shortest biggest / smallest etc.
- Children are introduced to comparative language (comparing 2 or more objects in relation to size for example) and superlative language (a description of something to the highest degree eg: tallest being the most tall) adjectives.
This App is free to download and is very much worth it, Sorting Machine